Thursday, March 04, 2010

New stamps


I decided to treat myself to some new stamps last week, and chose this lovely Magnolia Ladybug stamp. Sophie was due to go to a party after school today, so last night I inked this little beauty up to make a card for her friend Bonnie. I coloured the image using my Copic Ciao markers, and am pleased with the end result. I've recently done an online course in colouring with the copics, and learned a lot about blending. I'm intruiged to know if the copic sketch markers are better to use, but for now I am more than happy with my ciaos.

The image is matted on red cardstock, then onto a black mat which has been embossed using my Big Shot and a cuttlebug embossing folder of hearts. Bonnie's name is stamped with the Stampin Up schoolbook serif set, and then the card is finished off with a red ribbon tied in a knot. I bought another Magnolia stamp at the same time as I bought this one, so I may well ink that up tonight.


That's about it for now. Usual stuff is ticking along nicely. Next big job to tackle is the garden. I need to pressure wash the paving slabs as they are looking very grimy after the winter, and get rid of some broken garden furniture. We are keen to grow some veg this summer, so I need the space which this furniture is taking up to put some pots and troughs in place ready to plant some seeds. I know nothing about growing veg, but the girls are keen to help, so we will give it a go! All hints and tips will be gratefully received!


1 comment:

Alex said...

Cute card :)

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x