Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A letter from Alex

Alex is 5 years and 11 months old now, she wrote this last week. When Nigel died, she was only 2 years 4 months, so she has spent more of her life without him than she has with him now. A few weeks ago she went through a very unsettled patch, crying at bedtime on several occasions because she was sad that she had had 2 years less with Daddy than Sophie had. To comfort a child who feels like this is so hard, as it is a painful experience for me too, but Alex only has one parent, and I have to deal with it.

I talked to several friends about what to do about this, and I have decided I will write a letter back to Alex, saying:

Dear Alex

I love you too.
Every single day I wish daddy was alive still. I know he was so very proud of you, and he would be even more proud of you now.

Love from Mummy.


What else can I possibly say?



1 comment:

Jen Walshaw said...

I think that your letter is perfect