Thursday, April 22, 2010

Made a card this afternoon for a very lovely young man who is becoming a teenager tomorrow. Elliot is simply gorgeous, he makes me smile whenever I see him, and says so many wonderful things which keep both me and his mum in stitches regularly!

The card is made using a combination of Stampin' Up! supplies and other stash. The name is stamped using the Big Deal Alpha set, I love this alphabet, and have been using it on so many projects lately. It is stamped in Ballet Blue onto Whisper white cardstock. The name is then matted onto brilliant blue card, then onto a card blank which is from Craftwork Cards. The three strips of dotty papers are SU designer papers, I love them, so versatile and as they are double sided, even better value for money. The star is punched using a SU punch, one which I use on a lot of projects. The number stickers are Doodlebug I think, have had them a while! All in all, this card took me just over 10 minutes!

I raised the star up using dimensionals to create a bit more interest on the front. I like to do this on both cards and scrapbook pages, as everything stuck down flat can get a bit boring!


This mini book is a new baby book which I was asked to make by my friend Jackie. Her brother and his fiancee were expecting their first baby, and had decided to call him Thomas Luke. They decorated Thomas's room using a Winnie the Pooh theme, and so Jackie asked me to make this book because she wanted something personal to them. It measures 8"x6" and each page is decorated slightly differently, ready for a 6x4 photograph to be stuck in. I just hope the new parents like it! Obviously this isn't made using SU products, other than the striped ribbon which is tied to the bind it all wires.

So, as you can see I've been fairly busy craft wise! As a result, tomorrow is housework day. I have a mountain of laundry to sort, so that should keep me amused. Then on Saturday we are off to a special meal to celebrate my friend Avril's 60th birthday. Sophie is also singing at the Morley Music Festival with her school choir in the morning, so a busy day! Hopefully I'll be back with more crafting soon.

No comments: