Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More cards

On Saturday we went to my friend Avril's 60th Birthday lunch at Zachary's, a fabulous restaurant in Fulneck, Pudsey. We had a wonderful lunch, the girls got to choose exactly what they wanted to eat too which was great. Sophie is a big fan of roast dinners, so she went for roast sirloin of beef, yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings. She definitely enjoyed it as it barely seemed to touch the sides, then her plate was empty! Alex chose her favourite, spaghetti bolognese. If spag bol is on the menu, then the chances are Alex will choose it! When we are on holiday, quite often it appears on children's menus in restaurants, so she will usually choose it, and eat the lot.

My gift to Avril for her birthday was all the invitations and place cards for her birthday lunch and then party afterwards at home, so when I made her card, I tied it in with that. It is a nice simple card, using pink passion and glorious green cardstock from SU, Avril's name is stamped in pink passion ink using the Big Deal Alpha once again. Then I added some stickles glitter to the centre of the flowers as bling is always good!! The ribbon is not SU but is a pretty close match I think. I punched the flowers using my beloved retro daisy punch, I have this in 3 different sizes and use it a lot. It isn't a shape made by SU as yet, but it shows how you can incorporate what craft stuff you've already got with the SU products. One of the reasons I held off signing up for so long was because I love to use other brands of products too, especially in my scrapbooking. But now I am getting much, much better at using SU stuff alongside what I've already got, to great effect.

My second card is a horse card made for a 21st birthday. I don't own anything horse related craft wise, so I had to resort to google images for this card. The cardstock I used is SU textured in creamy caramel, chocolate chip and close to cocoa. Well, I think I have got that right! I need to learn all the different names lol. The rosette is made using two circles punched out, then mounted on three scalloped circles layered together. The 'ribbon' is just cut from more card. The 21 is doodlebug stickers, which I had in my lettering box. I'm a bit of a fan of letter stickers and chipboard letters, so I have ordered the SU chipboard letters to try. Hopefully they will be here soon so I can have a play.

Long weekend this weekend, the girls have a training day on Friday, and then it is May Day on Monday. Lots of lovely things planned, including seeing Peppa Pig Live on Saturday!

Have a great weekend, whatever you're doing!

No comments: