Monday, December 01, 2008

Day 1 : Journal Your Christmas

So far so good, I completed my page for my JYC. No photo yet as I did it once the girls were in bed, so an awful time for taking pics. The first page had to be a manifest, setting out what I want to achieve in doing JYC, and also why I am doing it.
In short, I am doing JYC because Christmas is an important family time, and I want to record how important it actually is. Family is so very important to me since Nigel died, adjusting to being 3 instead of 4 has been themost difficult journey I have ever made. I feel more comfortable with it now, but it has taken a lot of work. Even now, I still find myself experiencing hiccups. Certain situations remind me so much of how things could have been, but now never can be.

I want the girls to be able to look back over my journal and remember how we enjoyed our Christmases together. Three or four, there are happy memories to be mulled over. The Christmas before Nigel died, 2005, we had just had a conservatory built onto our house, so we made the most of the newfound space in the living room that year. Alex had been very ill just before Christmas, with a blue light ride to hospital early one morning, so family time together was very precious that year. Poignant now, looking back.

It is late and I am working tomorrow, so time to sleep. I wonder what tomorrow's JYC prompt will be...

No comments: