Friday, August 29, 2008

14 days and counting

Fourteen days until what? Well, until I turn 33 of course! Birthdays are a bit of a damp squib when you're a widow. Nigel was never great at surprise presents, but I could tell him what I really wanted, within reason, and he would try and get it. But buying your own gifts is most definitely miserable. My girls are not yet old enough to take themselves off to the shops on their own, nor are they aware enough to realise what I would really like as a gift.

Anyway, I digress. Both the girls are loving their bikes at the moment, so I have decided to get myself a bike for my birthday. Nothing flash, just something I can ride without making a complete spectacle of myself. Then we can stick the bikes on the bike rack and go off to explore the cycle tracks round here, of which there are plenty. I've decided to go for a hybrid bike, a cross between a road bike and a mountain bike,so that we can ride on roads and also on rougher terrain, but not full on mountain stuff lol. I am going to get a gator bar for Alex, as she is still lagging in speed!

Can't believe it is the last day of the holidays. Work is beckoning... eek!

No comments: