Sunday, April 01, 2007

Firsts

There have been so many first times for me since Nigel died. This weekend I mowed the lawn for the first time. Before it had always been Nigel's job to cut the grass. I sold his lawnmower as it was far too big for me to handle, and Mike and Mary very kindly got me a lightweight electric mower a couple of weeks ago. My dad made an attempt to put it together yesterday, so once I had built it up, I decided to strike while the iron was hot and cut the lawn too. Fortunately it didn't take too long, and I feel better for having done it.
Today it was ALex's birthday party. It is actually her birthday tomorrow so once that is over with we will have got through all the family birthdays, immediate family anyway. Only Father's Day to face and then our Wedding Anniversary, just before the anniversary of his death.
So it is April. ALready the months are flashing by. On Friday we are off to Ireland to visit my friend Cliona and her family. Her youngest two children are the same age as Sophie and ALex so we will have a ball. Nice and relaxing no doubt. All I need to do is get some euros and book a car parking spot for Friday. ANd off we go.

No comments: